Polarized Sunglasses Vs Non-Polarized Sunglasses | What’s the Difference?
Suppose you are driving the car in the afternoon time. The sunlight will discomfort you and your eyes will start hurting due to the bright sunlight. That can cause eye problems and headache, which can ruin your trip. At that time, sunglasses can protect your eyes.
The sunglasses are the Major gadget that you can wear on the journey. It can help you in many ways. If you are wearing it during a drive, you will be protected from bright lights from the sun, traffic lights and other harmful lights. They protect your eye from any discomfort. They are proved to be very helpful during the bike ride or driving the car.
The whole world knows the importance of wearing a sunglass. So, it is used all around. The major manufacturers of sunglasses are Ray-Ban, Parada eyewear, Michael Kors, Versace, and Police. They have earned a considerable repute in the market of eyewear.
Types of Sunglasses
There are two main types of sunglasses that are going to be discussed here.
The polarized sunglasses are similar in shape to Non-Polarized sunglasses. But they have a particular type of lens that is known as a polarized lens. These lenses go through additional processes to form a specific kind of protective layer which gives protection against blurriness and glaring of the view during you are exposed to the sun. The polarized sunglasses are the best choice if you drive a car, hikes the mountain and if you are a sportsman.
The work on polarized sunglasses started in 1936. After some researches and experimental work, Armorlite Company began to manufacture polarized lenses.
The non-polarized sunglasses are slightly different than the polarized sunglasses. They cannot reduce the glare that can be stopped from the polarized lens. These glasses are used to reduce the brightness level of the light that enters the eye. It is commonly used in the world, and every sunglass has this capability.
The Principle of Working of a Polarized Lens
The polarize lens works by scattering the lights which hit the glass of the eyewear. It disperses the light in horizontal dimensions. The Horizontal light which enters your eyes that Scatters from the surface of a mirror or a carpeted road causes the main problem to your optical vision. So, the polarized glasses show immunity against that light.
These lenses are best for those who have a sensitive eye, which cannot bear a high intensity of light. The polarized sunglasses will protect you from the high glare of light and the harmful UAV lights which comes from the sun. So, it is the best solution to protect your eye.
The Difference Between Polarized Sunglasses and Non-Polarized Sunglasses
The Non-Polarized sunglasses are helpful to reduce the brightness of any light. So, it gives a more comfortable view if you are out in a place which has too much Light. But it would not help you to scatter any glare. These glares are produced by the reflection of light from the mirror, road, or any roadside water surface. These reflected lights are the main problems that enter your eyes and damages vision. That鈥檚 why the driver鈥檚 experiences headaches and pain around their eyes while driving.
To some extent, these Non-Polarized sunglasses are helpful to protect your eyes. But in a long-term run, you must choose to wear a polarized sunglass. As mentioned above, they are specially made to protect your eyes from the reflected rays.
Reasons for Choosing Polarized Sunglasses
The polarized sunglasses have proved to be helpful for many peoples since the time of its invention. Some significant benefits of the polarized sunglasses pointed below:
- The drivers choose polarized glasses for their journey. They have to drive on the polished roads, lakesides and near a building which has too much glass on them. These roads, water surface, and tall buildings reflect the sunlight towards your eye. So, they can choose to wear Polarized sunglasses then non-polarized ones.
- Due to the property of glare resistance, the polarized lens is also used by the pilots of the airplanes and jets. In the air, they have to face the direct sunlight which can harm their eyes. So, they use polarized sunglasses while flying the plane.
- If you are engaged in any sports, these glasses are for you. Many companies manufacture a particular kind of sports eyewear polarized sunglasses that have less risk to fall during playing. Mostly, the cricket players use these glasses that remains on their eyes when they are running for fielding. That helps them to maintain their focus on the ball if the ball and sun came parallel in one direction.
- These glasses are also helpful for a bicyclist and mountain hikers. The hikers face a high intensity of light when they move up on the mountain. So, these glasses will keep their eyes safe from hurting.
Reasons for Choosing Non-Polarized Sunglasses
The polarized sunglasses can also be problematic to some people. So, they prefer to wear the Non-Polarized sunglasses. The reason some people prefers the non-polarized sunglasses are given below.
- As the first point, the polarized lens is a little expensive than the ordinary lens. So, those people who do not know the real importance of these glasses, they prefer to buy the regular sunglasses, and they take advantage over polarized ones.
- The digital devices are difficult to see through the polarized lenses. As they stop most of the light from these devices, and the digital devices use the phenomena of light to give the display, you cannot efficiently operate your mobile phone. And during the outdoor use of mobile, it would become more difficult.
- The modern TV uses the technology of LED (Light Emitting Diode). So, they display the content by emitting light from them. So, you cannot enjoy watching tv with a polarized lens glass. Because, as mentioned above, it stops the light to pass through it. You cannot enjoy watching tv while wearing it. The Non-Polarized glasses can help you as it Stops sufficient light and you can easily watch tv.
- Some pilots choose to wear non-polarized glasses, and they do not appreciate to wear polarized glasses while flying a plane, as they complain that they face difficulty in reading the control panel in their pilot鈥檚 cockpit. So, they go for the non-polarized ones.
- During the drive, the reducing the glare of the light can also produce difficulty for you. That will not be easy to distinguish different objects or surface on the road. For example, that would be a problem to differentiate the water, ice or snow on the way. That is because they give different reflections to the light and with the bare eye, you can distinguish between them. On another hand, if you are wearing polarized glasses, it would reduce the light intensity. So, it would be hard to adapt to the situation of the track.
The polarized glasses are a helpful solution for your eyes while driving and playing. It has many benefits over the Non-Polarized glasses. It became famous, and the whole world adopted it to use right after its inventions. They manufacture according to fashion, and they also have many medical benefits.
For a better experience, choose a suitable polarized lens for yourself. That scatters a limited amount of light according to your requirement. You can also visit a consultant to select the right glasses that would be according to your intensity of use. Overall, the polarized sunglasses have a broad application and range of methods to use it.